Thursday, August 04, 2005

on God's great mercy.........

Just like in translation, oldest is not always best. I beg to put before you this new and very touching song. I'd love to hear your comments on it.

Mystery of Mercy

I am the woman at the well.
I am the harlot.
I am the scattered seed that fell along the path.
I am the son that ran away,
And I am the bitter son that stayed.

My God, my God why hast thou accepted me
When all my love was vinegar to a thirsty King?
My God, my God why hast thou accepted me
It's a mystery of mercy and the song, the song I sing

I am the angry man who came to stone the lover.
I am the woman there ashamed before the crowd.
I am the leper that gave thanks--
But I am the nine that never came.

My God, my God why hast thou accepted me;
When all my love was vinegar to a thirsty King?
My God, my God why hast thou accepted me?
It's a mystery of mercy and the song, the song I sing.

You made the seed that made the tree
That made the cross that saved me.
You gave me hope when there was none
You gave me your only Son.

My God,My God,Lord you are my God.
My God,My God,Lord you are...my God.

Caedmon's Call~~Back Home

5 Comments:

Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

This is one of the best ones that I have heard Caedmon's Call sing. If you like these lyrics you should look up their CD "In The Company of Angels".

5/8/05 08:17  
Blogger GravyGal said...

Thank you for posting the words of this song. It's one I don't hear a lot because I don't own the cd it's on, but it seems to me reading it rather than just hearing it helps me understand it.

E

5/8/05 15:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this song though I've never heard it. The words just pierce my heart so keenly. Thanks Eric for the name of the CD I shall surely buy soon. Kim, if you have it, would you call me and play it for me on the phone when you have a minute? It would sure do my heart good.
Love you

5/8/05 16:14  
Blogger polemic turtle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

15/8/05 10:09  
Blogger polemic turtle said...

I like this song.

You can listen to part of it here.

15/8/05 10:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home