Wednesday, August 17, 2005

on his love......

An oldie and a goodie. It is a singular blessing that our devotion to the Lord is a fire kindled by him on that heart of flesh after the removal of that old heart of stone. I'm so thankful to be the tender of a fire that will not be quenched. Sweet dreams indeed!



My Jesus, I love thee, I know thou art mine;
For thee all the follies of sin I resign;
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art thou;
If ever I loved thee, my Jesus ‘tis now.

I love thee because thou hast first lovéd me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree;
I love thee for wearing the thorns on thy brow;
If ever I loved thee, my Jesus ‘tis now.

I’ll love thee in life, I will love thee in death,
And praise thee as long as thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved thee, my Jesus ‘tis now.

In mansions of glory and endless delight,
I’ll ever adore thee in heaven so bright;
And say with the glittering crown on my brow;
If ever I loved thee, my Jesus ‘tis now.

Featherstone – 1864

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting that for me. I love pulling out those old hymn books that have that funny "old church" smell and looking in the bulletin for what number to turn to and singing with all my heart. I have found that when I try to be specific in prayer at night, my thoughts are often scattered. So I've taken to singing to Jesus each night as much as I can remember of the old songs that comfort me with His love. I remember seeing it on a poster that "he who sings, prays twice!". Each night I humble my spirit before Him and ask him to see the many needs that words cannot express. I don't try to tell Him how to handle them anymore once I figured out He was the Boss of me anyway! Instead I just close my eyes and sing to Him about how much I love Him. I love how you can confess and repent and praise and thank and worship all at the same time by singing a simple song in the dark to the Keeper of the stars. Hope you'll always be singing harmony with me.

18/8/05 17:58  
Blogger Jennifer R. said...

Oohh that is one of my very very favorites. It's one of those hymns that I can never sing enough. If we did it every Sunday morning I would certainly not complain! Lovely...

18/8/05 22:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home